Sorry, folks. This post is going to be a bit more personal. I thought I’d update my fans, followers, and friends on what’s been going on with my life and why I haven’t been as active with my blog. On the bright side: this will give some insight on my current and future projects, so you’ll know what to expect from me in the near future.
First off, as I mentioned a few times before, I got a new job back at the end of August. After working from home for three years, it was odd getting back into the groove of having to go into an office, interacting with people face to face, and having to wear pants on a daily basis. By the time I get home at the end of the day, I’m so beat that I can barely get off the couch, let alone boot up my laptop and pen a new blog.
I also got my own apartment. I moved in about two months ago but I’m still in the process of getting settled. Yes, it’s bad. My desk is a total mess, and I feel a twinge of disappointment in myself every time I look at it. One day it’ll be clean and organized. One day…
I also published my second book, Return to Storyworld, which is the sequel to Dodger’s Doorway. You can purchase it on Amazon, and I’m slowly working on getting it on digital platforms as well. I’ll admit that I’ve been dragging my feet a bit here. My biggest problem is the fact that I’m so overwhelmed by so many things to do that I’m at a loss as to where to start. I need a day to settle down and get my ducks in a row, but it’s much easier said than done.
I’ve definitely failed on the whole “keeping the blog updated once a week” aspect that I was originally aiming for. As I’ve explained, I’m super busy, but that’s not much of an excuse. At this point, I’m just trying to provide some sort of updates as much as possible. I have an editorial calendar all set up with post ideas – now I just need to execute them. Hopefully things will slow down enough for me that I’ll be able to be more consistent with my posts. In the meantime, here are a few topics that I’ll be discussing in the future:
- Handling “Haters” – How do to deal with people who mock you or don’t believe in your writing goals
- Finding inspiration and ideas for your writing
- How to gain reviews for your newly published book
- Crafting a powerful author social media presence
- Reading your own work and why you need a second pair of eyes to do your edits
- Finding your genre/knowing what you want to write about
- Networking and working with other writers
I’m also going to be reviewing more books from independent writers. I have a whole shelf full of them, but I’ve barely had time to sit down and read anything due to my busy work life. It’ll happen eventually, I promise!
Besides this blog, I’m also working on multiple writing projects, including the following:
- The third installment of The Storyworld Saga
- A horror/thriller story along the lines of Dante’s Inferno
- A thriller series in the same vein as Hannibal Lector meets Castle
- An educational series revolving around various historical artifacts – think Legends of the Hidden Temple meets Battle Royale
- An action/adventure story about various mythological gods duking it out with one another
- Possibly several movie scripts and a comic idea as well, but those are at the bottom of the stack for now…
Anyway, that’s a basic overview of what’s been going on with me. If you have any topics you’d like for me to discuss, or if you are curious about anything regarding writing, editing, marketing your book, self-publishing, etc., please feel free to reach out to me. I am always willing to help out.